LUG Meeting Minutes January 29th, 2009
We are now ignoring the man behind the curtain
Mandatory budget meeting after the meeting at 8pm
- Building statue starts next week
- Everyone sign up for hours to build
- design or plans for statue?
- in theory...
- Steve will find out if Gabby Meyers has sent plowing e-mail for site
- he'll send one if need be.
Installathon in 3 weeks
- Flyiers and schedules of events
- table tents
- update old stuff
- Power? We still don't know what we have
- there is a breaker we could move to, but it's not 120
- our rack is plugged in with an extension cord... OSHA does not like this
- Kraus would have this fixed by now but he wants campus to pay for it
- Kuk needs more memory and new IDE cables
- it's on a new egg wishlist
- Devree is thinking of donating a poweredge server...
- maybe a shell server?
- move to IPv6 internally?
- we need to set limits
- what would people do with it?
- at *least* the campus computer use policy
- allow? SETI at home? windows 7?
- computational stuff?
- dist cc?
- home pages?
- forwarded from front end
- who has access?
- just officers for now...
- Lego needs to add new people
- Okay so far... nothing added recently
- 500G left of our 4TB
- Spares? Steve has many
- USB flash drive
- Debian, Ubuntu
- windows repair disk
- Disto for old slow hardware
- Yellow Dog
- Installathon dual boot
- weird stuff? mail us in advance
- PS3? :) Wii?
Kuk at installathon
- Use as spare space or local mirror?
- just ubuntu and everything else can come in over the network