MTU LUG Meeting Minutes September 25th, 2008
- People that said they'd look into it aren't here
- Not Changed since last week
- Need to move our extra computer (GZ) out of my dining room.
- it was suggested that we figure out how to get more power ($$)
- We have no idea where our power is coming from.
- Mirror ideas? forward to email@example.com
- OpenBSD? we already have an on campus mirror (CEC)
- FreeBSD? they don't let people mirror them
- Peninsula room reserved from 11am-6pm October 11th.
- Film Board thingy *almost* done. should be up this weekend (we got extension)
- Install linux then not tell them how to use it until they come to meetings?
- (Hold them hostage) hehe
- Presentations should be done by next week
- Who wants to go?
- Andrew, Brandon, Marchus, Alex, Fey, Christian, Steve
- When is it in relation to exams?
- We get $400 from USG for people to go.
- Registration is $35 a person
- Hotel is $94 a night group rate
- $$$ transportation
- Registering the week after Installathon
- Borrow our Switches for LAN party in wads
- * in E. Mcnair wants to run LAN party in W.M. Lounge
- maybe later run a campus wide one
- Borrow our 3 24-port switches
- Dr. Merkey, 72port switch in his office
- We'll advertise heavily so they know where their fun came from
- Put out our donation bin
Unicode on IRC
- Random odd characters make managing things on IRC very difficult
- Steve and Jon wrote module for Unicode on server
- Mostly just rule out non-printing characters
- for a Unicode Nick make first character an underscore "_" ?