MTU LUG meeting Minutes January 31th, 2008
Install a Thon
- Approval of table tent? - passed around room
- Switch "Linux Games" to "Gaming In Linux"
- Basic UNIX - Steve, not ready yet
- Homebrew PVR - Brian (Dark-Fx)
- Desktop Effects - Jon Turbo
- Linux Applications - No volunteer
- Change to Productivity Apps?
- Curious if Dining Services will approve
- We think we're all adults, Dining might disagree
- Week before install a thon (Feb 14th)
- Basic outlines Due
- Concerns? More Stuff? Ideas?!
- Make Discs beforehand? a few of them
- Available Distributions
- Default to Ubuntu
- Update Flier
- Timeline? 1 hour for each presentation, but doesn't have to take up whole time
- hard copies of the presentation to hand out
- Copies also up online (on Lug)
- S5 presentations? w/ LUG template
- Update Old Slides and redo?
- History of Linux would be Nifty
- Who has budget for for this year?
- maybe Jon W. pmhad will ask tonight
- info online at
- TARPIT = Nifty
- Ultra 60 NVRAM weirdness
Adviser (Dr. Merkey)
- Maybe eventually a History of Beowulf clusters
- Either Feb 7th or 14th